Sometimes I am really curious what we girls are in guys' mind, they seem so confident that they know we girls so well and never fail to feel they could be wrong sometimes, I wonder they really understand we girls completely or because of their egoism that makes them cannot say "Oops, I am wrong". I do not know much about guys, and I dare to admit I do not know much about guys, but I am learning to know more about guys, not only guys, but everyone because I believe everyone is unique.
Yesterday a guy friend of mine, Mr X apologized to me when he realized I was so mad at his words. When I saw his apology, it reminded another guy friend of mine, Mr Y who likes to say "sorry" too. Before I responded further to Mr X's apology, I asked him,
"Do you know what you are saying "sorry" for?"
To my disappointment, Mr X gave me the same answer as what Mr Y used to give me,
"I said sorry because I want to end this unhappy mood and end the topic..."
So why did I feel disappointed? I was disappointed because apparently, his apology was meant to end the unhappy topic but not because of what he has done or his mistakes. I still remember Mr Y's explanation on all his apologies,
"Sometimes I apologize not because I think I am wrong, it's because I think someone needs to be burnt to brighten up the room,"
What a great sacrifice huh? Pardon me, is this how you guys think about we girls? If you have no wrong, what is the purpose to apologize? To show the gentleman side of you? To assume as long as you apologize no matter what, we girls would be pleased? Perhaps girls in olden days might think so, however, in such a modern century now where both the guys and girls are receiving high education, I am quite sure majority of us have improved.
We see guys nowadays have changed, they apologize to girls which almost hardly be seen in olden days, we appreciate that, same goes for the girls too, we have changed to not wanting to take guys' apologies for granted. Girls care things and incidents that cause the guys say "sorry", but not the word "sorry". It is a very simple theory, people who feel sorry on their faults will try their best not to repeat it, whereas people who only know to say sorry will simply make the faults happen again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
do you know some ppl don even know how to spell the word "S-O-R-R-Y"?
real spelling of the word needs a lot of courage, its not every1 can do it. Yes some of the guys "like me" very likely to spell tht word out and like very usual. Its not that they are used to it. its jz that, if on those moment we don apologize, any other method to soothen the existing atmosphere? i do understand how much tht word meant to certain ppl, but when ppl apologize, its always the big heard needed to forgive them. forgive and forget, aint tht wonderful?
Agreed! Saying sorry is just like saying thank you. it should be coming from the bottom of the heart that we really feel sorry about something or to express the deep gratitude towards someone. Saying these two things without the deep realization from the bottom of ones' heart sounds no different with some salesperson 'welcoming' us at the entrance of their shop "robotically" without much feelings and sincerity. Theses things are felt and remembered by us who are being greeted. we can tell the friendliness even from a stranger. So what's more those that we know and we care, isnt't that being felt even stronger?
Jiruri - same sentence again "if on those moment we don apologize, any other method to soothen the existing atmosphere?" Guys like to use this statement when saying "Sorry", we don't need your apologies, prove to us the same mistake wont happen can be better apologies. How many times you guys want the forgiveness on the same mistake from girls?
Boonchin - I think guys will never understand? Perhaps they will think we girls are hard to be understood again and never content.
Post a Comment