Today I saw a beautiful scene in MRT.
I was taking MRT down to town today. As the train went from one station to another station, more passengers boarded and as usual I knew the train soon going to be very pack, followed by passengers standing close to each other.
All levels and ages of passengers can be seen in the train everytime. Here an old couple stepped into the train and standing right in front of me. Obviously, they looked unstable as the train was moving, especially the man, more grey hair and seemed older than his spouse.
Without hesitation, I stood up and offered my seat to the old man, to my surprise, while showing his appreciation to me, he was giving away that seat to his spouse on the other hand. At that point of time, I felt he was such a caring and loving man, I thought the older and weaker should be given the priviledge and priority always, but this man proved me that his love is greater, his loved one is more important. His spouse made me envy her to have him in the rest of her life.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amazing hor? Sometimes I see such rare scenarios on monorail too... Like that day I saw got a pregnant lady walk into the crowded monorail, then those seated one, no one offered seat to her. In the end, it was another pregnant lady who's sitting, stood up and offered her seat. I feel those other ppl seated there should feel ashamed of themselves...
Post a Comment