I was reading my friends' blogs and found out all the youtube videos attached by them were not viewable. First reaction from me was "must be some error, let's refresh the page again..." However, it turned out the same after few times.
Before I wanted to grumble how lousy the connection here, suddenly I remembered a colleague of mine told me that China has banned Youtube about one month ago. I did not bother to find out why until few minutes ago. Apparently, Youtube is banned here after carrying video of soldiers beating monks and other Tibetans according to BBC on 24 March 2009. As when everyone may pity the Chinese who may miss out so many interesting videos or free dramas from Youtube, their domestic websites such as tudou.com, youku.com continue to bring entertainment to them except the objectionable content of course.
It is not uncommon for China to ban or boycott websites, movies and etc that involve sensitive political and racy content. Even the Chinese actress in the movie of Lust, Caution is not acceptable by her own people regardless how successful she has made herself in the entertainment industry. The country is so strict on such issues each time until Jackie Chan has also decided to give up his latest movie Shinjuku Incident in China market. So, who is at the losing side? Different people with different opinions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha, when china restrict sthg in their mainland, everybody in this world will shaking, when msia restrict sthg, everybody act like nthg.
now, do you think china has the smart move on protecting their people? more effective way i guess
People from China very patriotic. I don't think restriction is a wise decision.
Post a Comment