Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Gift

As I mentioned in my previous entry, I am not a Christmas person and I do not celebrate it. Speaking of this, something has crossed my mind. One year ago, a friend of mine happily showing me her new watch where she got herself as a Christmas gift. Looking at her satisfying face, I asked her,
"You have this practice for every Christmas?"
"Nope, I am not a Christmas person either, but I think it's a great encouragement by getting ourselves a gift after a year of hard work, and I choose Christmas Day because, isn't this is a day we are looking forward to get a little gift too?"

This year before Christmas, a friend of mine asked me,
"What would you ask from the Santa Claus if you were given the choice?"
Without hestitation, I answered,
"I don't wish to be happy every second, I just wish not to be sad for every single second"

Sometimes I feel as I am growing up, things that I request getting simpler and simpler, yet I also understand the simpler the harder to attain, so is that really a simple request?

I received a Christmas Card from Miss Choo this morning (Thank you, Miss Choo), I felt warm suddenly when I was holding the card. I know these cards and wishes always want to tell me I am not alone though I am far away from you all and no matter what difficulties I am having. I am becoming more emotional, a small action sometimes can mean nothing from a sender but a lot to me. Hence, I would like to take the opportunity here, a Christmas gift from me to you all this year,

"Thank You."

It may seem simple again, but remember, the simpler the harder the deeper meaning.

(I know another card is coming too, thank you Miss Sherlin in advance)

4 comments:

SherLin said...

Hmm.. I wonder when is the card reaching... with the multiple PH these days, i think will be quite 'delayed'.. but hopefully not TOO late la...haha. 'You're welcome' in advance. :D

Boon Chin said...

I received mine today... thanks! very nice card.. (but i thought US based company should spend prudently, how come still spending on printing and postage?)haha! Anyway, it's not a bad thing after all, one small card does warm our ms kuan heart. It's the intention that counts, isnt? :)

shongyong said...

I cant wait to see the card! Ya ya, one small card is good enough.

SherLin said...

Haha! The cards are the 'save-cost' kind already this year.. unlike the previous cards... u see even the card quality is the thinner ones... (but i think it's recycled paper) so it shouldn't do any bad, since it's environmental friendly! haha