One more day left to 2009, yes, a brand new year that I've been looking for eagerly. Reason - I choose to believe 2009 is going to be a better year.
2008, a year which things happened without my control and expectation. 2008, a year that I've gone through both happiest and toughest moments in my life so far.
The biggest unexpectation I would say is the change in my job. Ever since I was young, I dream to possess a lot of things in my future, a flying colour results every year, a position in a prestigious company, a body with lowest fat level, an elegant Tag Heuer Watch, a Honda Civic or Audi TT, a happy family with lovely husband and adorable kids... but never the job I am doing now. I would not say I am 100% enjoying my job, I guess it applies to everyone with their job, but I cannot deny this job gives me a lot of opportunites to see the world, the lands that I never ever thought I would have the chance to leave my footprints. As most of the time I am travelling alone or with different people, the experience tells me how important to have companions or life partner in my life, apparently I do not enjoy doing things alone which I used to believe I would. There are many times when I see or meet something, how I wish the right persons are beside me to share with.
Some people show unbelieveable faces and have different opinions on my acceptance of the job, I am fully aware what is in their mind, but what I want to tell is everything comes from individual, it is us to determine whether to remember our root, objectives and whom we want to become. An engineer's lifestyle can be as colourful as a pilot whereas a pilot's lifestyle can be as dull as an engineer too. For those who know me well, they need not mention much to me, and for those who do not know me well, I need not mention much to them too because I do not need to.
The next unbearable incident happened on me was early this year, ain't sure because of the new skin care products or problems from my body system, I suffered the ever serious breakouts in my life, pimples growing non stop from my face and I had to go for skin specialist. Doctor said I was having hormone changed which may due to my emotion and eating habbit. I think he was right, my emotion and appetite were badly affected since end of 2007, the root cause? It should not be reminded anymore since my skin soon will be fine again.
End of 2007, my new toy was Facebook, end of 2008, my new hobby is having a public blog. The similarity from both is they were started when I was having the toughest moments in the past one year. These new toy and new hobby help to change my focus, instead of keep thinking unnecessay things or living in the dark side of life. Blogging especially encourages me to read more now, study how others putting their thought into words and most importantly, make this site a place where few years later when I read back, I would read with smile or tears. Furthermore, it is interesting together with few friends of mine, we work on and achieve our dream we've been talking long finally (yes, finally), join the Blogosphere.
I reckon year of 2008 is not my year, even the happiest moments are almost offset by the toughest moments which I can barely recall any of them right now. Let bygones be bygones, I shall be bidding goodbye to year of 2008 and welcoming the year of 2009.
See you next year and Happy New Year.
1 comment:
guo qu de, jiu rang ta guo qu ba~ hehe... let us embrace the new year with good start!
Happy new year!
Post a Comment