Thursday, March 26, 2009

Earth Hour (Part I)

28th March 2009 is known as Earth Hour where everyone is encouraged to switch off their electricity from 8.30pm - 9.30pm.

As far as I concern, there was such an event last year, also, as far as I remember, it did not create much of awareness among the people in my country, including myself. I still can recall, I was telling my parents enthusiastically about this Earth Hour and what we should do to show our support on that day, but none of them responded seriously, to them or everyone maybe, it was just an hour called Earth Hour or simply an activity done by those nature lovers who have nothing to do.

This year, the moment I got to know about this Earth Hour again, I thought "perhaps it's going to end up like another normal one hour." Out of my expectation, I guess this year they are going to make it a big one, non stop of publicity makes me to believe they are serious this year, to be curious on how it would be in that one hour. Last year I was the one telling my parents regarding this, but this year, my mom was the one informing me, I am getting slightly excited about it now.

I hope I remember what to do when the clock hits 8.30pm on 28th March 2009, Earth Hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it seems like our malaysian citizens still not so care about this "earth hour", some of my neighbours still light on when the time came...haha

Regards,
MK