Monday, March 30, 2009

Earth Hour (Part II)

I believe this year Earth Hour is more successful than last year. As expected, when the clock hit 8.30pm, I was not aware of it, until 9pm, I realized we were late for 30 mins! Very quickly, I asked my parents to switch off as many electricity as possible and wanted my dad to drive us to Pyramid to see the differences if any. Yes, Pyramid participated in this world's event and many youngsters could be seen gathering outside the entrance, it was a huge crowd there.

I never planned to capture any photos when I was in the car, that explains the quality of my photos here, very bad because I did not prepare any gadgets and had to be fast to snap something.

In the end of the day, my dad mentioned this, "Earth Hour encourages the people to switch off, to save the world, but it seems more people driving on the road in that one hour too to witness the darkness of the city or to see if others switch off as well, isn't it add up more pullution to the air and not meeting the objective of this whole event?" Erm, I know I should not have come out with this idea, but I wonder who was the one holding the steering, sitting at the driver seat and driving us to Pyramid.

My mom's conclusion was even more interesting, "Sometimes as a parent, we should join our children in this kind of activities, can show our generation gap is smaller."

3 comments:

Jerry said...

i like tht quote from your mom, but why cant my every parents think like tht...

Anonymous said...

Here are some nice photos of how other parts of the world join the Earth Hour 2009.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/03/earth_hour_2009.html

Enjoy the photos by “click on the images to see the lights fade”.

Regards,
MK

shongyong said...

Jerry - You still have the chance to choose what kind of parents to be in future.

MK - Yup, I played with it.